| Spoiler warning!|
This page may contain details about a particular map and/or someone else's tips.
If you want to tackle the game unaided, click "Back" or a link to take you away from this page !
Robin's first try (on Normal)Edit
Capital has 5 grain, 2 fruit, 6 meat, allowing popn 9 without strain. Consulates in Hurshen and Dedge because they export everything and in Twelt and Zazi because they are somewhat complementary and are a long way from Pram, which we will want to invade. Order six processors and two Indiamen. Train 2 newbies, 2 experts. Rail to north-east. Offer 1 each of clo and fur, bid for cott, wool, timb, hors.
- Trade: no guaranteed purchases.
- Clo: Ord+Pat offer 4; four of us offer 1; maybe Ord offers something (but only six can show); six bids. Sell 1.
- Fur: Zimm offers 4; four of us offer 1; 7 bids; sell 1 (Zimm0 us2 Pat0 Hax2 Dev2 Ord0 Den0) i.e. 22 holds used by the time we get offered cotton; assume at least 4 have been on cotton, so Twelt's could have gone.
- Cott: Kath1 Twe1 Lok2 Ido3; we+Ord+Den bid. Ido offers 3@98: buy 2. (Later we find that Lok and Twe offered).
- Wool: no offers; we+Zimm+Pat+Ord+Den bid.
- Timb: Hur6 Man2; 7 bids. (Hur offered.)
- Hors: no offers; only our bid.
- Conclusion: sold Hur clo 882, Pon fur 915; bt 2 for 196; net +1501, bal +7201, CL 359.
- Spring 1815
Coal WSW of PipCity. Rail further N-E. Expand metalworks to 2; 12 idle labor; make fab, clo, hdw; 9 spare processables, 20 food, 1 gr, 0 fr, 5 mt. Offer clo, fur; bid for cott, wool, timb, hors. Only Hur favors us. No competition for Ded so give it 5% for now; 10% to the other 3. Hax and Dev built traders; the other 4 each built one Indiaman (or 2 traders if stupid).
- Clo: Den2 Dev1 Hax1 us1 Zimm3; only Ido bids.
- Fur: Den2 Ord3 Dev2 Hax2 Pat3 us1 (and maybe Zimm); Wod+Hur+Twe+Sin bid. Sell 1
- Cott: Kath1 Man2; Hax+Ord no bid. We see none.
- Wool: Kes1; we+Hax+Ord bid. We see none (Zimm8 us11 Pat1 Hax4 Dev5 Ord5 Den5).
- Timb: Iss5(Pat>Ord>us...); 7 bids. Iss offers us 1@109: buy 1.
- Hors as above.
- Conclusion: sold Hur fur 801(890); bt 1 for 109; net +592, bal +7693, CL 403.
- Summer 1815
Sorry, folks: relying on autosave, I then forgot and started Naval Competition.
So restarting on same capital - "10 healthy population (14 maximum)" - 5 grain, 2 fruit, 7 fish depicted (actually 1 orchard and 2 grain farms, each on level I, and one ocean tile and five river tiles and a swamp - how does that produce 7 fish???). Transport Ledger shows 6 meat. Actions as in top paragraph. But I can't understand the headings. THIS is Spring 1815.
- Trade: Guaranteed 5 cott, 1 wool, 0 timb, 0 hors.
- Clo: Ord+Pat offer 4; the rest of us (possibly excluding Zimm) offer 1: 5 bids.
- Fur: Zimm offers 4, we+Den+Dev+Hax offer 1; Ido-Sin-Lok-Zin bid (Zimm0 us3 Pat4 Hax2 Dev2 Ord0 Den2).
- Cott: Bru2 Twe1 Pon1 Man2 Pra2; we+Ord+Den bid. Pon offers 1@97: buy 1 (Zimm0 us2 Pat4 Hax2 Dev2 Ord0 Den1). Bru offers 2@97: buy 1 (Zimm0 us1 Pat4 Hax2 Dev2 Ord0 Den0). Man offers 2@97: no (Zimm0 us1 Pat4 Hax2 Dev2 Ord0 Den0). Pra offers 1@97: no (Zimm0 us1 Pat4 Hax2 Dev2 Ord0 Den0).
- Wool: Kes1; we+Zimm+Pat+Ord+Den bid. Kes offers 1@104: no (because we can see a guaranteed timber) (Zimm0 us1 Pat0 Hax0 Dev2 Ord0 Den0)..
- Timb: Ded3 Hur6 Iss5; 7 bids, with no more than 9 free holds. Hur offers 4@102: buy 1.
- Hors: no offers.
- Conclusion: sold Zin fur 888, bt 3 for 296; net +492, bal +6192, CL 268.
Coal WSW of PipCity. Rail N-W. Expand metalworks to 2; 12 idle labor; make fab, clo, hdw; 10 spare processables, 20 food, 1 gr, 0 fr, 5 mt. Offer clo, fur; bid for cott, wool, timb, hors.
- (Expect more)
Merchant space: (Zimm8 us12 Pat8 Hax6 Dev6 Ord8 Den8). MN %s: Hur Twe Zaz Ded