A GP that attacks any MN will see relationships decline, most markedly in MNs close to the victim. There has been a suggestion that the MNs are in four groups, which tend to change relationships together, but that idea needs checking. See discussion starter at Hengtom (Imp1)/Red but comment here, please!Example: Pat has just DW on Kathay, which had a fairly good relationship with Ord. Same season, but Zimm DW Twelt years ago; here's its relationships:
In that last one, Loke became a Devron colony.
A MN that is colonized remains a separate purchasing and selling entity but does all its trade with its Mother Country to the extent sought, with left-overs available for other Great Powers to buy or sell.
The colonization is said to destroy any investments other GPs may have had in land in the colony. A possibly relevant tip from the v 1.1 "readme" file is:
- To get rid of another nation's developments in one of your colonies, have the colony boycott that nation.
A MN that is completely conquered may still appear as a purchaser of goods.
In scenarios there are generally always sixteen too but their sizes can vary considerably.
The names of the minor nations if you select the "standard" option. The capital of each takes the nation name with " City" appended. Other province names are here listed after each nation name; almost half of them will be familiar to players of Imperialism 2.
- Bruhr: Abmear, Ballater, Harmear
- Dedge: Haverstraw, Nyack, Tappan
- Hurshen: Galon, Gazit, Ginosar
- Idolon: Abalon, Freedon, Kenelon
- Issa: Dessa, Lorassa, Mildassa
- Kathay: Osnot, Penthar, Thurston
- Kessel: Nordborg, Skrydstrup, Toftlund
- Loke: Domi, Lavi, Malon
- Manx: Funafuti, Yaren, Yafulen
- Pont: Salisbury, Shropshire, Stratford
- Pram: Cresskill, Tenafly, Watervliet
- Sindel: Barnard, Putney, Vershire
- Twelt: Brisbane, Hobart, Peabody
- Wodan: Kenniwick, Pasco, Richland
- Zazi: Amir, Uri, Yosi
- Zinlu: Kindu, Lanpulu, Zabinda